Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Not Homeless, Just Not Home Yet...

While I was checking out the schedule for the New York City Anarchist Bookfair I stumbled across the following music video by Melodic on the Surreal Estate website. I gotta say, I love this song. It's a healthy mix of reggae, soul & rock with conscious lyrics about surviving homelessness in NYC. Excuse me, not homelessness, just not home yetness. It's about retaining dignity, it's about being human. On another note, the video has some great shots of the New York subway system and a cool low-fi quality to it. Enjoy!


Melodic "Ride On -Not Homeless, Just Not Home Yet"

After watching that video, I had to find out more about Melodic and in my search I found these awesome videos of Melodic and other performers at Mark Shine's Rocsta Party at the Village Underground in Manhattan's Greenwich Village. They all appear to be from last year. Looks like I really missed the party. The live band was truly rockin', and the vibe looks positive. Damn, I wish I knew about this while it was goin' on. When you move to the city they should let you know about this shit, know what I mean?


Melodic performing "One" at Mark Shine's Rocsta Party Live at the Village Underground NYC 11/07/08.


Melodic and Mark Shine performing "Frontline" at Mark Shine's Rocsta Party Live at the Village Underground NYC 11/14/08.


Inna Vibe performing "What We Need" at Mark Shine's Rocsta Party Live at the Village Underground NYC 11/14/08.

Want more? Check out Rocsta TV's YouTube page.

While trying to figure out if the Rocsta Parties were still happening, I stumbled across this video sampler for Village Underground's Wednesday and Thursday nights. I'll most definitely be checking out this show. Everyone seems to be having so much fun.


Video sampler of several weeks worth of Wednesday and Thursday night performances at the Village Underground NYC.

Want more? Check out Village Underground's YouTube page.

No comments:

Post a Comment